So easily do we take all the good things for granted. We all are alive in this crazy world. Isn’t this a reason big enough to feel grateful? Let’s feel gratitude in every cell and smile, because we have this beautiful gift of life. Life has its own ways to polish us, and test our patience. We all have our share of challenges and hardships. But we also have a sunshine in some form or the other, that brings a smile on our tired faces. I am writing of nothing new, but I wish that we all make an attempt to actually feel these feelings of gratitude and not just think of them in our mind.
Say thank you, if
- you got a seat in a crowded bus.
- a stranger greeted you with a genuine smile.
- you are enjoying good health.
- you have met the love of your life.
- you have those butterflies in stomach and are falling in love already.
- you have suffered from a break up and have a better understanding of yourself and life.
- you are able to make someone laugh.
- you like your job.
- you have good people in your life.
- you took the bold decision of quitting your job for going after what you really love to do.
- you have great friends who inspire you and never leave you in tough times.
- you had an awesome childhood.
- you have suffered in past when life was harder, because it isn’t now.
- you have enjoyed the pleasure of raindrops splashing on your face.
- you have savored an icecream on a hot summer.
- you live in a comfortable home.
- you have a wallet which isn’t empty.
- you have come across people who thought you weren’t good enough, as they reminded you that their opinion doesn’t matter.
- you have met kind people, who restored your faith in humanity by their little gestures of great value.
- someone keeps the door open for you to enter.
- someone loves you unconditionally( parents, in most cases)
- you have listened to amazing music that energises you, soothes you, comforts you, and thrills you.
- you have had good times
- you have had hard blows that life gave to awaken you.
- you have travelled to beautiful places.
- you have watched your kids growing up.
Be grateful for who you are in this moment, and for all the wisdom you have gained so far. Take a break from your disappointments, and complaints, and say thank you.