I don’t like monotony, not even in emotions. As much as I like to be filled with happiness and feel it in every cell of mine, I also like the intense anger that flows through me and brings out the power in me. I also like to cry my heart out when I feel sad. I like the feeling of anticipation, when I have to eagerly wait for knowing about something that means a lot to me. So yes, a constant state of emotions doesn’t appeal to me. I like ocean because of the waves. I like playing with colors to bring the new ones. I like boredom too as when it reaches extremity, it gives birth to creativity and to change!
So easily do we take all the good things for granted. We all are alive in this crazy world. Isn’t this a reason big enough to feel grateful? Let’s feel gratitude in every cell and smile, because we have this beautiful gift of life. Life has its own ways to polish us, and test our patience. We all have our share of challenges and hardships. But we also have a sunshine in some form or the other, that brings a smile on our tired faces. I am writing of nothing new, but I wish that we all make an attempt to actually feel these feelings of gratitude and not just think of them in our mind.
Say thank you, if
- you got a seat in a crowded bus.
- a stranger greeted you with a genuine smile.
- you are enjoying good health.
- you have met the love of your life.
- you have those butterflies in stomach and are falling in love already.
- you have suffered from a break up and have a better understanding of yourself and life.
- you are able to make someone laugh.
- you like your job.
- you have good people in your life.
- you took the bold decision of quitting your job for going after what you really love to do.
- you have great friends who inspire you and never leave you in tough times.
- you had an awesome childhood.
- you have suffered in past when life was harder, because it isn’t now.
- you have enjoyed the pleasure of raindrops splashing on your face.
- you have savored an icecream on a hot summer.
- you live in a comfortable home.
- you have a wallet which isn’t empty.
- you have come across people who thought you weren’t good enough, as they reminded you that their opinion doesn’t matter.
- you have met kind people, who restored your faith in humanity by their little gestures of great value.
- someone keeps the door open for you to enter.
- someone loves you unconditionally( parents, in most cases)
- you have listened to amazing music that energises you, soothes you, comforts you, and thrills you.
- you have had good times
- you have had hard blows that life gave to awaken you.
- you have travelled to beautiful places.
- you have watched your kids growing up.
Be grateful for who you are in this moment, and for all the wisdom you have gained so far. Take a break from your disappointments, and complaints, and say thank you.
Life, you have been kind,
you’ve been harsh.
I’ve been stupid,
I’ve been rash.
You have been with me,
but I don’t feel free.
Bound by my inhibitions,
I forget you.
I run after a dream life
stitched by old threads
that aren’t even mine,
and in that race,
I forget you.
My dear life,
my blitheness has flown away
and fears have taken over.
In this race to nowhere,
I have forgotten the joy
that love brings.
My mind is dirtied
with the tartar
of guilt and dissatisfaction.
In all the efforts and quest,
that I am free.
that happiness is for free.
When you are free of fears, and have cried a million tears When you have learnt to get up, and get moving again When troubles don't perturb you anymore, and, when you know that in each moment, there is only more When you learn to trust and accept, the gifts in disguise of stones When you become the reason, for your own smile Then the time has come, that you realise, the treasure that you have gained You have traversed the pains, and welcomed the gains You have known your worth, and shredded the chaos You have thrown away the loaded bags of worry and despair, and have taken wings to fly and fly You have known the beauty of your own existence, and joy has replaced your every sigh. :)